This is a 600 – hour course. This course will prepare students to perform fundamental concepts and techniques that will prepare the student for state board licensure and entry level into the skin care profession plus advanced training in facial treatments, acne and age management, advanced mechanical and electrical devices, advanced makeup, and medical professional interaction. The student will learn anatomy and physiology of the skin, facial techniques, hair removal, and makeup techniques. The student will learn proper sanitation and safety procedures for themselves and their clients. The student will also learn how to handle the business aspects of their profession and successful career planning.
Required Textbooks: Pivot Point Workbooks and Study Guide E-Books
Instructional Methods: Internet, discussions, activities, demonstrations, audio/visual, practical applications, exams, and homework
Course Outcomes/Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Have knowledge in all aspects of proper sanitation and safety techniques
- Have knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology
- Have knowledge of hair removal and waxing procedures
- Perform advanced facials, advanced makeup techniques and have knowledge of salon business and retail sales
- Use mechanical and electrical devices within the scope of practice set by the state of NH
- Perform advanced skin care services on clients with confidence
Requirements for successful completion of course: Students must achieve at least 75% in practical and theory as well as completing the state required 600 hours.